We’re looking for a talented and results-oriented software engineer to work as a key member of Sureify’s expanding engineering team in San Jose, California. You’ll help build, scale, and evolve our next-generation compute platform for digitally-delivered life insurance. This is your opportunity to make a large impact at a high-growth enterprise software startup in the life insurance space. You’ll collaborate with other developers and a product manager to build software in support of a suite of business applications and their worldwide delivery teams, all of whom count on a high performance, reliable, extensible backend.
Sureify and its mission
Sureify is on a mission to modernize the life and annuity insurance industry. Composed of 150+ insurance veterans, technology experts, and creatives, Sureify offers its employees a unique opportunity to advance a powerful industry that has fallen behind digitally.
Sureify’s product suite, Lifetime, solves some of the biggest problems faced by life and annuity carriers today when it comes to digital sales (LifetimeACQUIRE), customer engagement (LifetimeENGAGE), and policy servicing (LifetimeSERVICE). Our web- and native mobile-based products enable our clients to reach new customers, digitize the policy sales process, drive in-force customer engagement, and modernize the policy servicing experience
- 8+ years of experience developing production-quality code
- Experience designing and building scalable, enterprise-grade cloud-native applications
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle or Postgres
- A firm understanding of Object Oriented Design as well as common data structures and algorithms
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a close-knit team
- Experience working with 3rd party software integrations (REST APIs, SOAP APIs, XML, JSon, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud services, caching, containers, App Servers, (AWS, Docker, Redis, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience building secure and scalable software (Profilers, APM tools, Security scanning tools)
- Experience with CI/CD tooling
- Must be located in Pacific Time Zone and have flexibility to travel to Sureify’s San Jose Headquarters on a semi-regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
The Ideal Candidate Also Has
- Experience developing production code using Golang
- Experience developing production code using React
- Familiarity with Orchestration Platforms
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- The ability to commute into Sureify’s San Jose Headquarters two days per week
We are a close group at Sureify, bound together by strong working relationships and a common mission in the industry. The success of our customers is very important to us, and we value merit in the workplace, long-term thinking, and the flourishing of all our employees.
Sureify is a start-up company. Experience working in a startup or an ability to adapt to a small, rapidly-growing company mindset is required. There is an expectation that you can be agile amidst the fluctuations inherent to a young company establishing itself in the marketplace. Frequently we have to come together as a team and go beyond the responsibility of our roles to ensure success.
Sureify is an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.