Are you ready to be part of a dynamic and growing agile software company?
At Sureify we’re helping a large and critical industry — life insurance — modernize and innovate. We have built a platform, enabling a core suite of digital solutions for some of the world’s leading insurance companies. We need your help to grow our solution in the market and continue to grow our market share as a leader in the life insurance space. You wear multiple hats in this role – from a lead sales engineer to a lead solution marketer/evangelist to excellent customer management with a balanced dose of salesmanship. The position is a blend of responsibilities that leverage both technical and business skills. At times, you act as a customer-facing CTO for the product you are pre-selling. This is an ideal role for a technology leader, someone who is a hands-on-expert like a true engineer but at the same time can also handle the subtle nuances of customer relationship management.
Up to 30% travel is expected to included conferences and prospect on-sites.
The Solutions Consultant will be responsible for:
- Partnering with the business Solutions consultant during the pre-sales process to collect customer requirements and create compelling demos and architectural diagrams showing how our products and their unique differentiation can be used within the customer’s existing architecture and business environment.
- Leading technical demonstration(s): Execute technical demos for end customers
- Creating solution architecture, heuristics, and designs for new solution approaches and document specific alignment between a technology demonstration and a solution vision.
- Collaborating with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key technical decision-makers
- Scoping the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Supporting sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions.
- Lead technical workshops, seminars, and engagements with customers who are interested in an in-depth understanding of our solutions from engineering (“under-the-hood”) perspective
- Defining requirements for the technical demo engineering team to create compelling demonstrations and POC’s based on customer specific scenarios.
- Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their evolving requirements vis-a-vis our solutions and products so that you can facilitate the creation of new opportunities and drive longer retention
- Keeping up to date with market competition (vis-a-vis the products in our portfolio) and be able to defend our product’s technical design against any comparison against a competitor.
- Preparing the technical responses to RFPs and other documents as required.
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Information Technology or higher. An additional MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years, ideally 10 years of experience preselling IT, enterprise software, cloud and insurance carrier products or services with a record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- A passion for engaging customers in doing demos, technical workshops, seminars, presentations.
- Experience preparing RFP/RFI responses.
- Ability to navigate and work in a matrix organization with high influencing capability
- Excellent presentation and written/verbal communication skills
We are a close group at Sureify, bound together by strong working relationships and a common mission in the industry. The success of our customers is very important to us, and we value merit in the workplace, long-term thinking, and the flourishing of all our employees.
Sureify is a start-up company. Experience working in a startup or an ability to adapt to a small, rapidly-growing company mindset is required. There is an expectation that you can be agile amidst the fluctuations inherent to a young company establishing itself in the marketplace. Frequently we have to come together as a team and go beyond the responsibility of our roles to ensure success.
Hours – Full time & Salary & open to working with different US time zones
Equity: Stock options in a fast-growing InsurTech company
Sureify is an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.