Technical Support Engineer
Are you ready to be part of a dynamic and growing agile software company? At Sureify we’re helping a large and critical industry — life insurance — modernize and innovate. We build digital solutions for some of the world’s leading insurance companies, and we need your help to provide production support for our SaaS products. Sureify’s success depends on our ability to provide world-class support to our customers and to make sure they are receiving tremendous, continuous, and progressive value from the products.
We are looking for technical support engineers to provide support and monitoring for our critical production applications. Your primary responsibility will be to provide operational monitoring and initial responses and triaging of all issues for production applications. You will handle incoming support tickets and provide timely and effective communication to customers. You will also perform an initial investigation to resolve issues and escalate them in a timely manner. You may also act as a point of contact for customers in production and assist with onboarding, triaging, coordinating deployments with customers and internal Sureify teams.
- Troubleshooting and solving technical issues and defects
- On-call rotation for monitoring and resolving alerts and production issues
- As a 24×7 function, support team may require engineers to work in shifts,
- Handles incoming tickets, provide timely updates and assist with QA for bug fixes.
- Continuously develop technical and functional skills in supporting Sureify products and services
- Proactively look for opportunities to address technical or process gaps
- Point of contact for a group of customers taking lead on production onboarding, triaging issues, coordinating deployment and other production activities for the customer applications.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in PHP or Go with SQL is preferred.
- Strong oral, written and customer communication skills
- A flexible, can-do attitude with a willingness to compromise and aptitude for learning
- Problem solving skills and experience in basic troubleshooting of web applications.
- Prior experience in implementing and/or supporting cloud applications is desirable
- Nice to have some exposure in a combination of technologies such as LAMP, AWS, REST, iOS, Android, React or other UI frameworks and databases.
Sureify is an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.