We’re looking for an engineering-oriented technical writer to work as a key member of Sureify’s expanding team in San Jose, California. You’ll create technical documentation while embedded in a team of engineers who are scaling and evolving our next-generation compute platform for digitally-delivered life insurance. You’ll also interact closely with a platform product manager who is guiding the team. This is your opportunity to make a large impact at a high-growth enterprise software startup in the life insurance space. You’ll create technical documentation for a high performance, reliable and extensible backend that enables Sureify’s suite of business applications and their worldwide delivery teams.
Surefify and its mission
Sureify is on a mission to modernize the life and annuity insurance industry. Composed of 150+ insurance veterans, technology experts, and creatives, Sureify offers its employees a unique opportunity to advance a powerful industry that has fallen behind digitally.
Sureify’s product suite, Lifetime, solves some of the biggest problems faced by life and annuity carriers today when it comes to digital sales (LifetimeAcquire), customer engagement (LifetimeEngage), and policy servicing (LifetimeService). Our web- and native mobile-based products enable our clients to reach new customers, digitize the policy sales process, drive in-force customer engagement, and modernize the policy servicing experience
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience using tools to create, manage, and publish documentation
- Experience reading developer code
- Experience working in collaboration with software engineers on a daily basis
- Experience creating documentation in an Agile development environment
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a close-knit team
- Must be located in Pacific Time Zone and have flexibility to travel to Sureify’s San Jose Headquarters on a semi-regular basis
The Ideal Candidate Also Has
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, Swagger or a similar framework, code commenting tools, Git, and source code repositories
- Some experience coding as a software engineer
We are a close group at Sureify, bound together by strong working relationships and a common mission in the industry. The success of our customers is very important to us, and we value merit in the workplace, long-term thinking, and the flourishing of all our employees.
Sureify is a start-up company. Experience working in a startup or an ability to adapt to a small, rapidly-growing company mindset is required. There is an expectation that you can be agile amidst the fluctuations inherent to a young company establishing itself in the marketplace. Frequently we have to come together as a team and go beyond the responsibility of our roles to ensure success.
Sureify is an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.