Sureify is looking to hire a Technical Product Manager to help architect the next-generation compute platform for digitally-delivered life insurance. You’ll be guiding the team that builds that software in support of a suite of business applications and their worldwide delivery teams, all of whom count on a high performance, reliable, extensible backend.
You: Maybe you used to write code, and have spent time as a Scrum Master or Product Owner for the APIs. Maybe you’ve managed technical products, backend teams, analytics tools, or an Engineering team, and you enjoy working with a team of smart Engineers to build a backend the best way possible. Maybe you’re just dangerous enough with code to hack things on top of APIs, but you like whiteboards, big-picture thinking, and communicating, even more. Come talk to us.
Sureify and its mission
Sureify is on a mission to modernize the life and annuity insurance industry. Composed of 150+ insurance veterans, technology experts, and creatives, Sureify offers its employees a unique opportunity to advance a powerful industry that has fallen behind digitally.
Sureify’s product suite, Lifetime, solves some of the biggest problems faced by life and annuity carriers today when it comes to digital sales (LifetimeAcquire), customer engagement (LifetimeEngage), and policy servicing (LifetimeService). Our web- and native mobile-based products enable our clients to reach new customers, digitize the policy sales process, drive in-force customer engagement, and modernize the policy servicing experience
- A keen analytical mind and a passion for software that lets us all build more software
- Interest in taking a platform from v0.8, to v1.0, and beyond
- Familiarity with APIs and API-driven applications
- Deep empathy for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to make tough decisions about roadmap and communicate those to sales, marketing, and other stakeholders
- Must be located in Pacific Time Zone and have flexibility to travel to Sureify’s San Jose Headquarters on a semi-regular basis
- Familiarity with backend integration solutions (messaging frameworks, workflow engines, etc.)
- Worked at a SAAS company, have opinions about what SAAS means across various dimensions
- Enterprise software experience
- Familiarity with Swagger or other API definition tools.
- Managed releases, QA Manager, or Dev-Ops
- The ability to commute into Sureify’s San Jose Headquarters two days per week
We are a close group at Sureify, bound together by strong working relationships and a common mission in the industry. The success of our customers is very important to us, and we value merit in the workplace, long-term thinking, and the flourishing of all our employees.
Sureify is a start-up company. Experience working in a startup or an ability to adapt to a small, rapidly-growing company mindset is required. There is an expectation that you can be agile amidst the fluctuations inherent to a young company establishing itself in the marketplace. Frequently we have to come together as a team and go beyond the responsibility of our roles to ensure success.
Sureify is an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.