REPORTS TO: Head of National Sales
DEPARTMENT: Sales, entry level position
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, either 7-4, 8-5, or 9-6, may need to flex times due to business needs
LOCATION: Downtown Boise, ID or downtown Hartford, CT location
Covr is listed as one of Forbes’ Top 500 Startup Companies of 2021! Covr is a digital life insurance platform that makes it easy to protect what matters most: you and your family. Covr partners with financial institutions that share the belief that life insurance should be simple and transparent and part of a total financial plan. Through Covr’s technology, financial advisors and their customers can research and purchase affordable life insurance from well-known insurance companies without the hassles of the traditional process – all within a matter of minutes. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours, great benefits package, competitive wages, and more. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
Our team is growing! Insurance Policy Analyst is a growth position for Covr. In this role the person will be responsible for performing insurance policy reviews and analyzing books of business opportunities for financial advisors while adhering to all institution specific rules. A large focus of this role will be to analyze and make sound recommendations based on specific client needs. The other component of this position will be running various life insurance quotes and determining the best carriers for a specific situation. There will be some cross over to other duties while there is downtime within the policy review and quotes pipeline.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in providing insurance quotes and case design to financial advisors and their clients for life insurance, disability income and asset based long term care.
- Provides life insurance design for other team members based on specific requirements.
- Performs life insurance policy reviews based on specific policy information and advisor guidance; including running inforce ledger and analyze policy performance.
- Assists in advising financial advisors on insurance products, sales concepts, and underwriting.
- Communicates directly with financial advisors and/or clients with regards to life insurance benefits and features of various insurance products based on client needs.
- Provides business analysis support for ongoing technology and process improvement initiatives.
- Acts as liaison between Sales, Product and Technology teams.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in performing insurance policy analysis and report generation
- Minimum of 1 year experience in life insurance
- Life and health insurance license required
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Finance service experience a plus
- Heavy customer service experience via phone a plus
- Must have some experience in process documentation and/or business analysis
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiar with WinFlex and other insurance carrier software
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong analytical skills, report generation and data entry skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to build phone-based relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task without losing focus.
- Must be a self-starter and ability to learn independently through experience
- Comfortable with routine, repetitive tasks
- Demonstrated history of relationship management success with ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to work within a team and pitch in where needed.
- Learning new products and carrier concepts.
Check out our Employee Reviews on
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 3 weeks to start increasing with years of service
- Paid holiday’s – 10.5 days, including two 4-day weekends!
- NEW – Downtown parking subsidy
- NEW – Summer Hours Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision – 85% of monthly premium paid by Covr for all full-time employees
- HSA employer contribution of up to $800/yr
- Adult and child orthodontia
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with quarterly company contributions
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- NEW – Pet insurance for cats and dogs!
- 401(k) with company match at 3.5%
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance of $25,000 for all full-time employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance up to 5x’s salary for employee up to $300,000
- Supplemental Life and AD& D plans offered for spouse up to $100,00 and dependents up to $10,000
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): medical, dependent, parking and transit
To Submit an Application/Questions:
- Internal Applicants: Apply through Covr’s YourSource self-service portal.
- External Employees: Submit an external application by going to
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.