REPORTS TO: Head of National Sales
DEPARTMENT: Sales, entry-level position
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, either 7-4, 8-5, or 9-6, may need to flex times due to business needs
LOCATION: This position can be in either Boise or Hartford
Covr is listed as one of Forbes’ Top 500 Start-Up Companies of 2021! Covr is a digital life insurance platform that makes it easy to protect what matters most: you and your family. Covr partners with financial institutions that share the belief that life insurance should be simple and transparent and part of a total financial plan. Through Covr’s technology, financial advisors and their customers can research and purchase affordable life insurance from well-known insurance companies without the hassles of the traditional process – all within a matter of minutes. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours, great benefits package, competitive wages, and more. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
Our team is growing! The Business Development Consultant position is a newly created position for Covr. This role’s primary responsibility would be to recruit new advisors to utilize the Covr platform. This is largely an outbound calling position as well to provide exceptional service to financial advisors. Expected to be courteous, responsive, and professional in helping advisors navigate and use the Covr platform. General life insurance knowledge and ability to learn internal CRM and quoting tools is expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outbound calling campaigns
- Assists in providing insurance quotes to financial advisors and their clients for life insurance, disability income and asset based long term care.
- Continually learns and assists in guiding financial advisors on the use of the Covr digital insurance platform.
- Learns and assists in communicating benefits and features of various insurance products based on client needs.
- Serves as the initial point of contact with Financial Advisors (FAs) in building a positive working relationship creating further engagement with the FA on Covr’s platforms.
- Manages FAs that are disaffected and works to provide resolution and wingback campaigns.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relate field preferred
- Minimum of 1-year life insurance sales experience preferred
- Life and health insurance licensed required
- Series 6, 63 a plus
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Finance service experience a plus
- Heavy customer service via phone a plus
- Life insurance industry experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Persistent marketer with proven track record of high performance/activity
- Strong customer service skills with a strong positive phone presence
- Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to build phone-based relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task without losing focus.
- Must be a self-starter and ability to learn independently through experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Comfortable with routine, repetitive tasks
- Demonstrated history of relationship management success with ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to articulate message quickly and effectively over the phone
Check out our Employee Reviews on
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 3 weeks to start increasing with years of service
- Paid holiday’s – 10.5 days, including two 4-day weekends!
- NEW – Downtown parking subsidy
- NEW – Summer Hours Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision – 85% of monthly premium paid by Covr for all full-time employees
- HSA employer contribution of up to $800/yr
- Adult and child orthodontia
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with quarterly company contributions
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- NEW – Pet insurance for cats and dogs!
- 401(k) with company match at 3.5%
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance of $25,000 for all full-time employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance up to 5x’s salary for employee up to $300,000
- Supplemental Life and AD& D plans offered for spouse up to $100,00 and dependents up to $10,000
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): medical, dependent, parking and transit
To Submit an Application/Questions:
- Internal Applicants: Apply through Covr’s YourSource self-service portal.
- External Employees: Submit an external application by going to
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.