Are you ready to be part of a dynamic and growing agile software company? At Sureify we’re helping a large and critical industry — life insurance — modernize and innovate. We build digital solutions for some of the world’s leading insurance companies, and we need your help to deliver successful implementations of our SaaS products. Sureify’s success depends on our ability to deliver to our customers and to make sure they are receiving tremendous, continuous, and progressive value from the products.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure customer and project success for a portfolio of customer accounts by providing subject matter expert advice and product owner leadership. This starts with shaping the pre-sales scope and expectations and then moves on to leading the implementation efforts. You will wear many hats — trusted advisor, product expert, requirements lead, issue tracker, customer advocate, and product owner — ensuring successful and happy customers.
You can be located anywhere in the United States. Up to 50% travel is expected.
As Sureify grows we will need to bring in customer delivery leaders at different experience levels. As such we can adapt this role for more or less seasoned applicants (though see below for minimum experience requirements — some previous experience is required).
- Serve as a Business Strategist working with customer stakeholders
- Serve as a Product Owner working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Accountable for understanding and anticipating customer needs
- Understand and Define customer business goals and making maximal use of Sureify capabilities
- Support the growth of the Customer Advisory Services division
- Manage a portfolio of customer accounts simultaneously to achieve high quality and on time implementations
- Responsible for continuing education improving industry expertise in the life insurance/annuity industry
- Serve as primary customer liaison for Sureify on customer implementation projects
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and leads from the customer (and in some cases with system integrator partners) to manage the overall prioritization of project needs — juggling scope, budget, and time
- Develop expertise in Sureify’s products and technology and use that expertise to guide implementation choices
- Accountable for leading development stages of project/project development being a key player throughout each event
- Provide hands-on help with scoping, estimation, and requirements work
- Share feedback and learnings with Sureify product management
- Align closely with Sales on pre-sales activities such as scoping, solutioning, SOW development, and project staffing
- Ensure that engagements conclude with fully satisfied customers that are willing to be references for new potential clients
- Manage multiple customers simultaneously
- Proactively mitigate and manage critical escalations and at-risk accounts; communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external leaders and executives
- Pitch in with other initiatives as needed — Sureify is a small, fast-growing company and everyone needs to be willing to dive in to help out wherever it’s needed.
- BS or BA degree (or relevant work experience)
- 5+ years of experience leading complex technology implementations including experience leading overall solution design
- Ability to lead large-scale customer implementation projects as the overall program leader
- Industry expertise in Life and Annuity Insurance strongly preferred
- Experience working with Agile Scrum framework required
- Experience with software implementation projects in requirements gathering, functional specifications, QA, user acceptance testing, and training required
- Experience with Agile tools and concepts; experience with Jira software required
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to work with technical and business resources to navigate architectural and implementation choices. Coding experience is a plus
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in working in a client advisory role; ability to lead conversations with senior executives is preferred
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned
- Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines and customer needs
- Flexibility in meeting scheduling to accommodate working with people in different time zones (including India)
- Able to travel (up to 50% post COVID)
Sureify is an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.