Loop Mobility Inc. (Loop) is an auto insurance player that will use AI to provide a fair price to all. We’ve developed a proprietary and deeply AI-driven methodology that allows us to price drivers based on the roads they drive instead of their demographic data, which is the norm today.
About our Internship Program
Loop is committed to talent development and skills training for all of our employees. We established an internship program to extend real-world training to exceptional college students interested in STEM disciplines including entrepreneurship, data analytics, data visualization, and data science.
Transportation Policy Intern
Over the course of a semester, the Transportation Policy Intern will be tasked with a combination of short and long-term tasks to meet the business needs of Loop. These tasks may include:
- Researching car crash data availability
- Submitting Freedom of Information Act requests to state government agencies
- Organizing data in Google Cloud
- Visualizing data in charts and maps
- Meeting with the Governor’s Highway Safety Administration data councils
- Coordinating with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners
The most qualified candidates will have an interest in transportation data and research.
We expect interns to contribute 20 hours per week at Loop. This is a remote work position.
This internship may be paid or completed for academic credit.
If the internship is completed for academic credit. You must be eligible to receive and plan to use this internship for academic credit, in order to apply. Because the internship is taken for academic credit, it will be unpaid and the following conditions apply:
- The internship is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship
- The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship
To apply for this job please visit www.ridewithloop.com.