We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to work as a key member of Sureify’s expanding team in San Jose, California. You’ll create test automation with a focus on integration tests while embedded in a team of software engineers who are scaling and evolving our next-generation compute platform for digitally-delivered life insurance. You’ll also interact closely with a platform product manager who is guiding the team. This is your opportunity to make a large impact at a high-growth enterprise software startup in the life insurance space. You’ll create test automation in support of a high performance, reliable and extensible backend that enables Sureify’s suite of business applications and their worldwide delivery teams.
Sureify and its mission
Sureify is on a mission to modernize the life and annuity insurance industry. Composed of 150+ insurance veterans, technology experts, and creatives, Sureify offers its employees a unique opportunity to advance a powerful industry that has fallen behind digitally.
Sureify’s product suite, Lifetime, solves some of the biggest problems faced by life and annuity carriers today when it comes to digital sales (LifetimeAcquire), customer engagement (LifetimeEngage), and policy servicing (LifetimeService). Our web- and native mobile-based products enable our clients to reach new customers, digitize the policy sales process, drive in-force customer engagement, and modernize the policy servicing experience
- 4+ years of SDET experience
- Experience building automated API tests and frameworks with RestAssured or similar frameworks
- A tester mindset and a solid understanding of testing principles and methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD and Build pipelines
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, Swagger or a similar framework
- Experience with Git, source code repositories, and code commenting tools
- Experience with testing tools such as Selenium, Test Cafe and Karate
- Familiar with the services offered by cloud platform providers such as AWS
- Experience writing performance test scripts (e.g. Gatling, JMeter)
- Thinks about security including OWASP best practices
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a close-knit team
- Must be located in Pacific Time Zone and have flexibility to travel to Sureify’s San Jose Headquarters on a semi-regular basis
The Ideal Candidate Also Has
- Some experience coding as a software engineer
We are a close group at Sureify, bound together by strong working relationships and a common mission in the industry. The success of our customers is very important to us, and we value merit in the workplace, long-term thinking, and the flourishing of all our employees.
Sureify is a start-up company. Experience working in a startup or an ability to adapt to a small, rapidly-growing company mindset is required. There is an expectation that you can be agile amidst the fluctuations inherent to a young company establishing itself in the marketplace. Frequently we have to come together as a team and go beyond the responsibility of our roles to ensure success.
Sureify is an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.