Micruity helps Americans retire securely
Micruity is on a mission to make secure retirement income accessible to all Americans. Too many people get to retirement age and are forced to figure out how to make a lump sum of money last over an unpredictable lifetime.
Micruity provides the data network that enables the pensionization of defined contribution plans. Plan recordkeepers, life insurers, asset managers, and other vendors can easily build and distribute lifetime income products using Micruity’s infrastructure and API-based application development suite. Micruity’s solution enables a more efficient, cost effective and secure ecosystem where all stakeholders in the retirement market can flourish. The end result: individuals have access to retirement income products through their 401(k) plan, getting them a step closer to their financial wellness goals.
Micruity has the talent and financial backing to succeed
With backing from leading investors in the insurtech and fintech space and a management team with almost 50 years of collective entrepreneurial experience, Micruity has the expertise it needs to revolutionize the retirement industry in a meaningful way. We reward big thinkers, hard workers, ambition, and honesty. Our team is full of fun-loving professionals, and we enjoy happy hours and spending time together at industry events. Not a requirement, but nerding out over math happens often.
Who we’re looking for
The Operations Associate is responsible for supporting critical operations functions related to HR. These projects involve writing job descriptions and job posts, helping the Head of Operations monitor changing HR laws in the US and Canada, sourcing candidates for open jobs, and assisting with internal HR functions such as time off tracking. The Operations Associate may also assist in bookkeeping functions such as expense tracking. If you have some HR-related experience and have an interest in bookkeeping, you might be the perfect candidate.
Micruity’s services are revolutionizing the retirement industry in a new, innovative way, so the Operations Associate will work with a high level of ambiguity and have to be quick to recognize both opportunities to explore and challenges to solve. The Operations Associate will work closely with the Head of Operations to recruit and serve diverse, top-notch colleagues.The Operations Associate will suggest ways to improve Micruity’s processes and explore strategies to attract the best talent in the industry. This role is part of Micruity’s Operations team.
What you’ll do
- Write job posts and job descriptions for open positions
- Find active and passive candidates who may be a good fit for open positions
- Coordinate interviews for candidates and help them through the hiring process
- Work with outside recruiters to screen candidates
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Research new technologies to help Micruity recruit, onboard and manage new talent more effectively
- Track employee time off
- Practice effective project management: apply company methodology, enforce standards, minimize exposure to risk and ensure completion of projects
- Assist with bookkeeping functions
- Participate in development opportunities including training
- Help Micruity build a comprehensive internal knowledge base
- Perform additional duties as requested
- Experience in an HR-related role
- Ability to work with ambiguity and to develop creative solutions when obstacles arise
- Efficient and well-organized
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Pleasant and confident demeanor when dealing with colleagues and candidates
- Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
- Attention to detail
- The desire to work with a fast-moving team with ever-evolving requirements
- Entrepreneurial attitude; willing to roll up their sleeves and solve complex, all-hands-on-deck problems, helping out other departments as necessary
Nice to Have
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
- Bookkeeping skills, or the ability to learn bookkeeping skills quickly
- Experience developing and implementing processes at a startup
- Retirement and/or annuity industry certification will be added advantage
- Degree or experience in HR, Accounting, or English
- Ability to legally work in the US
Micruity is growing quickly, and we are continuously looking for more ways to show our appreciation to our dedicated team members. We offer competitive health coverage, a generous vacation policy, occasional happy hours/lunches/outings and a remote work environment.
Micruity celebrates and supports difference and recognizes that having a diverse workforce benefits our employees, our products, our culture and the communities in which we work. Micruity is an equal opportunity employer, and employment decisions are based solely on a person’s qualifications and merit as directly related to professional competence. We are dedicated to reaching a diverse candidate pool and hiring the person who is the best fit for the job. Micruity does not discriminate based on race, citizenship, ancestry, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Micruity’s EEO policy has the full and complete support of the Company, including its Chief Executive Officer and Board.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.