Covr is listed as one of Forbes’ Top 500 Startup Companies of 2021! Covr Technologies is a leading, InsurTech venture capital-backed company, focused on using technology to simplify the buying process for life insurance and related products. As an innovator in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven company that provides a simpler way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr’s innovative digital platform provides the capability to research, compare and buy life insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours and progressive work environment. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
Our team is growing! Our case managers take case management to the next level – joining forces with internal sales agents to provide the clients we serve with a best-in-class experience, guiding them through everything from the time the application is submitted to a carrier, through underwriting, and getting the case paid and closed. As the liaison between our clients and our insurance carriers, you’ll do everything you can to make everyone’s experience as smooth as possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors case progress, tracks down requirements and provides ongoing status updates to the client directly, escalating as needed.
- Reviews application information, including medical history, identifying issues that could present a problem and proactively seeking information to expedite the process – if necessary, researching and presenting alternative solutions.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Ability to explain detailed policy concepts to a client in a simple way.
- Negotiates with carriers for better offerings and/or to waive requirements to ensure good client experience.
- Required to use independent judgment related to next action necessary and in leveraging appropriate escalation and “asks” of both advisors and carriers.
- Seeks continuing education on the latest product offerings and industry developments and, in turn, educates advisors on those subjects to help create new business opportunities.
- Continuously looks for ways to expedite and improve our processes and services.
- Maintains positive relationships with your clients, underwriters, and internal sales consultants.
- Positive “one-team” attitude, team spirit, and consistent drive to provide industry-leading service.
- Tracks record of successes in fast-paced customer service environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in business or related field, plus two to three years of related industry-specific case management experience and/or training
- Experience with annuities is a plus
- Equivalent combination of education and industry-specific case management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Life insurance experience is required
- Motivated self-starter capable of performing duties with minimal oversight
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills, with the ability to influence a situation to achieve the best client outcome
- Superior problem-solver, who thinks outside of the box, not afraid to dig deeper to get the best client outcome.
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent judgment
- Strong phone and computer skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word – with the ability to quickly learn and master our internal and carrier software programs
- Must be comfortable with choosing priorities when presented with multiple challenges
- Previous experience working as a customer service representative.
- Competitive benefit package. Medical, dental and vision benefits, disability, paid time off, paid holiday’s, 401(k) company match, and life insurance plan with supplemental options available.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.